+ Reply to Thread

Snapper over Network

In looking around the 7135 Network options, it looks like I should be able to pop my mail using Snappermail directly to a network connection.

Has anyone done this? Is anything like this possible at all?

(I am talking about making an internet connection without using the modem)

Greg

I have been able to use Softick's PPP utility to get network and internet access and have been able to use my browsers without any problems, but I have never been able to get SnappeMail to connect and I have tried IP and domain names for server info.

Re: Snapper over Network

Originally posted by Gmcmurry
    In looking around the 7135 Network options, it looks like I should be able to pop my mail using Snappermail directly to a network connection.

Has anyone done this? Is anything like this possible at all?

(I am talking about making an internet connection without using the modem)

Greg
    Yes, very possible. I do it every day.

I have VZW service and use their 1xRTT packet service.
    I use Snapper Mail to access 2 POP3 accounts/servers and 1 IMAP. Snapper Mail is optimized specifically for this application.

I think this is what you are talking about? using your phone as the end device rather than using your phone as a wireless modem for your PC?
    -Quick
    Last edited by Quick; 09-19-2004 at 10:51 PM.

I don't think I asked the question correctly.... I want to make a network connection without using the 7135 dialer. For example:

Can I make a network connection on the 7135 over the USB cable through a PC that is connected to the internet? (either by ethernet or WIFI?

or

Is there some other device that can connect the 7135 directly to WIFI or Ethernet if it is available?

Greg

Originally posted by Gmcmurry
    I don't think I asked the question correctly.... I want to make a network connection without using the 7135 dialer. For example:

Can I make a network connection on the 7135 over the USB cable through a PC that is connected to the internet? (either by ethernet or WIFI?

or

Is there some other device that can connect the 7135 directly to WIFI or Ethernet if it is available?

Greg
    I believe the answer is no. You want to use your PC as a router or bridge to a WIFI or Ethernet lan (or connect directly from the phone to a WIFI/Ethernet/etc.

I think the problem is that the phone will not do IP over the USB or Serial interface.

I think the only application for this would be to connect to your private LAN which is not connected or accessible from the internet.

Or... use Snapper Mail on your phone without using the air interface (minutes).

Not sure about any of the above though...

-Quick

Is this what you are looking for.

http://www.sandisk.com/retail/c-wifi-sd.asp

WOW an SC card WIFI adapter. It would be terrific it if would work on a 7135...

They only mention drivers for: Pocket PC 2002/2003, Pocket PC 2003 Mobile Edition and Palm Zire 71

Not familiar with the Palm Zire 71, but I am guessing its not compatible with the 7135.

Greg

There are NO SD Wifi cards for Palm OS 4. They only support Palm OS 5 devices.

Until something for OS 4 comes out, we are out of luck!

I am sure that it (wifi) would bring the battery to its knees VERY quickly!!!!

TL