+ Reply to Thread

The Lady in my new 7135 doesn't ask if I want to answer calls

Its been a long time since I got my first 7135 so I'm going through a lot of the break-in steps like a newbie all over again because I can't remember how I did it last time.

Here's the current problem, the little lady inside my 7135 doesn't ask me if I want to answer calls when I've got my headset plugged in. I seem to remember this being an automatic thing with my last phone, just plug in the headset and it works. I've searched and searched in the preferences and can't find any way to turn this feature on (or off).

Can anyone helpe me figure out how to get it working? I know its probably something simple, and I'm feeling pretty foolish about not being able to figure it out myself. Being the self-styled "7135 Headset Guru". But I just need to get it working. At least I'm man enough to admit when I need help!

Thanks,

Cool Cat
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

Re: The Lady in my new 7135 doesn't ask if I want to answer calls

Originally posted by coolcat
    Can anyone helpe me figure out how to get it working? I know its probably something simple, and I'm feeling pretty foolish about not being able to figure it out myself. Being the self-styled "7135 Headset Guru". But I just need to get it working. At least I'm man enough to admit when I need help!
    Can't help with the problem but I can help with your self esteem issue. You're a hardware guy specializing in headsets. The lady is totally in software. No one would expect you to know anything about the user interface or apps...

-Quick

Just in case:
    Phone Prefs -> Voice Dialing -> Voice Answer (checked?)

Last edited by Quick; 09-20-2004 at 12:51 PM.

Very Converged
    Don't know for sure, but try Phone Preferences -> Voice Dialing and turn on Voice Answer and Voice Wakeup and do the voice training. I don't think these settings are restored by a backup so the settings on your old phone did not carry over to your new phone.

On another topic - your website says it will be back up in 2-3 months after 4/16/04 -- so you are about 2 months overdue. Any new estimate for when you will be back online?

pzc

Re: The Lady in my new 7135 doesn't ask if I want to answer calls

Originally posted by coolcat
    ... the little lady inside my 7135 doesn't ask me if I want to answer calls when I've got my headset plugged in ...
    I have exactly the same problem. It's no problem while I’m listening to Bebopper and a call comes in, Bebopper simply goes quiet and that’s how I know that there is a call. Recently I enabled the following option so that at least the phone rings when I’m in the car and not listening to Bebopper (FM modulator):

Phone Prefs> Accessories > Play alert through speaker when headset is plugged in

I suspect that prefs are corrupted and I will need to do aHard Reset and reinstall apps without Save/Unsaved prefs then DBs then all options and licenses.

The lady is silent when plugged into AC. She only sounds off when running on battery power...

It could be a headset problem. Try the perference settings as told. If you still have the problem it is a headset problem. The lady does work also with the AC plugged it. I have used it plugged in my cradle with the headset and it does work.

Make sure that you have the following checked:

Phone Prefrences - Accessories - Play alert through speaker when headset is plugged in

Phone Prefrences - Voice Dialing - Voice Answer - and Voice Wakeup
    esmass:p

pzc
    OK, I think that I figured it out. It seems that the lady in the phone did not not wake up until I actually linked at least one entry in the Voice Book. So the steps seem to be as follows:

1. In the Phone Prefs app
    - Enable Voice Answer option in the Voice Dialing section (selection in upper right corner)

2. In the Voice Dial app:
    - Train commands in the Control Words section (selection in upper right corner)
    - Link and train at least one entry in the Voice Book section (selection in upper right corner)

Originally posted by jsimonson0
    The lady is silent when plugged into AC. She only sounds off when running on battery power...
    Eh? Mine works fine with the adapter plugged in or not, it does not seem to matter...but I DO have to have audible ringer, since vibrate silences it.

She is however she is suing me for health issues caused by dropping her the other day. I guess being crammed into a small space is bad enough without having to get yer innards jostled around...

On a related subject, does anyone know which files on your PC store voice commands and speed dial settings and the like? I just did a clean install and copied my phone book and date book, but I can't figger out which ones the rest are. I did this because a) I didn't know that Palm.Net had stopped and thought my PQA's were fubared again (DUH), and B) This is the only sure way I have found to correct the "7135 taking way too long to wake up and if it is ringing I miss a call by the time it does" problem. I would like to avoid having to have to go through all that training and such again...sigh..., and if there is a better way to solve the sleep disorder? Thank you in advance.

*UPDATE* Ok I found this Voice Dialing info, but am still interested in the rest. Thanks
    Last edited by Copasetic; 09-21-2004 at 12:47 PM.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....