+ Reply to Thread

Mute with clamshell closed?

Anyway to mute a call when the phone is closed and using an earpiece?

I can open the clam to mute the call, but then if I close it, I get disconnected.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    If you are using an earpiece, you should be able to open and close the clamshell as many times as you want without getting disconnected. As far as muting with is closed, I don't think that can be done.
    Michael

guess i was hearing the click and clamshell closing sound and thinking hte call was disconnected as it went dead for a bit. I just tried it again and the call stayed connected, but I had to wait a second or two for the conversation to come back.

I ended up buying an earpiece with separate volume / mute controls incorporated..................

Originally posted by ohvhost
    guess i was hearing the click and clamshell closing sound and thinking hte call was disconnected as it went dead for a bit. I just tried it again and the call stayed connected, but I had to wait a second or two for the conversation to come back.
    that's why I disabled the Close phone sound. If I was on a headset and closed the phone during a call the close phone sound would override the phone call. And who knows how much battery is chewed up playing that little mp3 ditty everytime. But alas I can't depart with my open phone sound: the Star Trek Communicator sounds followed Capn Kirk saying "Kirk here"
    http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...irk#post159090
    mg
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 09-29-2004 at 02:10 PM.

with the clam closed, you can just push the volume down button, and it silences the ringer.