+ Reply to Thread

Question Best app for service call tracking.

I'm looking for an application that will let me log details (preformatted would be nice) about the service calls I run during the day, and let me dump them to my PC back at the office, for weekly reports to the boss.

This board Rocks!
    Gadetus Freakus Americanus

Search Handango, Tucows and Palm Gear for Time and billing apps. You'll find a bunch. I'm an IT consultant and I use Quickbooks to do my billing so I was looking for something that would allow me to import directly into the timekeeping features of Quickbooks. Here are the ones I found and evaluated for my own needs:
    Time@Hand, www.timeathand.com
    TimetoTime www.tomthumbsoftware.com
    TimeDog, www.palmdogs.com
    QBmobile, www.pgsoftinc.com
    SecondsCount, www.fps.com
    and the more expensive packages:
    Zoskware suites
    Pocketbooks
    TimeTrakker - works with time slips too, if I recall
    I suppose I should post a review of all the apps I tried. Hope this gives you a start.
    mg
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 09-28-2004 at 01:21 PM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Thanks for all the links. I looked at the ones you suggested, and most all appear geared for Quickbooks (like you said). The one that seemed the most useful to me was Time Traker. It records the kind of info I need, and comes with it's own desktop companion that will create .csv's for Excel.

Thanks again for the info.
    Gadetus Freakus Americanus

SuperGumby..
    Yes the ones listed are for quickbooks interoperability, that was my emphasis when I was looking for a time tracking app. However when I was looking around I downloaded a ton of them, some freeware, some shareware, etc that would just export to the a CVS file or other. Some saved the info to a Memo for synching with the desktop and some had their own conduits. So don't forget to search some of the Palm software sites for "time and Billing" apps. Happy billing!
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.