+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003

If I have more than one group for contacts, does anyone know how to set Outlook for each group to sync to my PDA? Thanks!

re:Outlook 2003

I don't know if you can change Outlook to sync more than one category to the 7135 BUT I needed more info synced from Outlook than was possible with the basic software you get so I got Chapura's KeySuite and I LOVE IT! They have a free trial to make sure you like too. I have been using it for over a year now and have had no problems at all.

Hope this helps.

The site is:
    www.chapura.com

Did you delete your contacts out the hte Palm installed application?

I didn't have to delete or retype anything -- the Chapura software did all the work converting it!

I realize that, but then after you installed the Chapura software, did you go back and empty/delete/revoe your old address book?

"revoe" = remove

I didn't , but you could do whatever you wanted I suppose. I just didn't want to take the time to do it since I don't share my computer. So, essentially if I were to open my "original" palm desktop it has my original contacts information in it.

I didn't attempt to remove the native 7135 address book after purchasing KeySuite (that is the question, isn't it?) because I use TakePhone and it can't read from KeyContacts. The KeyContacts is great though because it captures umpteen Outlook fields, so when I update my work & home computers, all fields transfer back and forth.

For a while though, I had some spontaneous contact deletions which was very frustrating and concerning. But that seems to have cleared itself up; how I don't know. But you may want to make periodic backups of your contacts folders in Outlook, just in case.

All in all, I am very pleased with the KeySuite.
    Oxo