+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Softhome.net

Angry Softhome.net

I have been sending email from my Kyocera for almost a year using softhome.net but it seems that they are having a PROBLEM!! My SM is putting in the correct address but the cue at softhome is showing something like ".comn". Somewhere an extra letter is being added which means that it sits in their cue and never goes anywhere. Anyone have another smtp server that I can use for outgoing emails?

Check out this thread:

BaseJet discontinuing service - what to use now?

Hope it helps!

TL

Problem sort of solved

I talked to the Tech support guys about 3-4 times and the first problem was that I would send a message with an email address ending in .com and his server would receive it as .comn. I certainly didn't send the extra letter but that is what their server read and so it would not go through. The BIGGER problem. which he knew nothing about, was that their traffic was just sitting qued in the buffer! All in and nothing out! He finally cleared them out of there and I was able to send a test through with about a 1 min duration. I hate when tech support people "think" they are far superior to the jerk calling, expecially when the jerk is a tech and workes with paging and ISP's all day long!
    Last edited by mediapage; 10-04-2004 at 11:54 PM.