+ Reply to Thread

Mysterious Teeny Display

Today when I turned on my phone, I noticed that the name part of the external display was so small I could barely read it (maybe 5-6 pixels high at the most). The antenna and battery are normal sized. I did a reset, and then a hard reset, and it just won't go away. I remember reading a few posts where some people were working on ways to change the font and size, but I would NEVER want it this small, and never had the guts to even try reprogramming it in the first place. A week ago I did a clean reinstall of everything but my basic phone settings (including memos/phonebook/calendar). Things were great till today. The display has gotten small in the past, but usually only for a few seconds at most, and never this tiny. At the end of the day it's still here. Does anyone have any way to shed light on this, or how to fix it? I didn't see anything that matched my problem in the FAQ. Thanks in advance.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

Do you have some sort of Font manager installed? Maybe a program that changes the Palm default font?

Interesting that a hard reset did not fix it. When performing a hard reset, does the Caller ID display show a checker board on the whole display?

Also check out this thread:

Font on LCD display

Good luck,

TL

Originally posted by tlaudio
    Do you have some sort of Font manager installed? Maybe a program that changes the Palm default font?

Interesting that a hard reset did not fix it. When performing a hard reset, does the Caller ID display show a checker board on the whole display?

TL
    It did the chequerboard thing before this happened, not since. I wonder if there is a way to resize the fonts?
    I used to use FontBucket, but not since I started the long reinstall process...
    A little smaller would be ok, but not THIS small. Heh I see someone else had the same issue . So I will use the same response:

"Great information. Thanks. I did search but just didn't find it. It will be nice to get it back to the way it started."

Interesting, I followed the other post's instructions, but when I moved them to the SD card and did a reset, it was ok. When I did a hotsync it came back, looks like I have some research to do...

*bows* Thanks heaps for the help.

***UPDATE***

I found the culprit. Turns out that a text reader program I recently installed had a "Clié only" font (in .pdb format) that I accidentally installed with it. Apparently it overrules anything else, and forces the LCD to use it. I deleted it, and the problem poofed.

This makes me wonder...depending on how these are made, you could reason that if you got the one you wanted, (I guess you need a Clie'to see what they look like, or try them one at a time. Then just get whatever Clié font you like and you could custom tailor your LCD *grin*
    Last edited by Copasetic; 10-05-2004 at 12:31 PM.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....