+ Reply to Thread

"Unrecoverable error" msg on 7135 running Xiino

I am running the Xiino version 3.3E browser on my Kyocera 7135 and every time I try to load a URL I get the message “Unrecoverable error” after loading just 20 bytes of data. Under Xiino Prefs my DataServer is set to pds.mobirus.com I notice the phone’s built in EIS browser loads pages well and is not experiencing any problems. I suspect this may be some kind of server configuration problem and was curious if anyone else had experienced the same problem.

Until this morning, I was using version 3.2E and experienced the same problem. Upgrading to version 3.3E did not solve the problem (the upgrade maintained the existing settings).

I have found the 7135 has its quirks, but it still is better than anything else Verizon Wireless currently offers.

TIA,
    Chuck Thistlethwaite

I broke down did a hard reset and restored from my PC... I lost my bookmarks, but everything is working now. I'd still like to know what happened, but glad it is working.

I do believe the 7135 is to smartphones what Peugeot is to cars...sporty, but not the most reliable nor advanced technology machine.
    Samsung SCH-i760 <- Treo 700w <- Kyocera 7135
    Converging is cool!

I got yhe same message for a couple hours yesterday...then, later in the day everything was working fine...hmmm???

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Most likely the problem was with the proxy server that Xiino uses.
    Michael