+ Reply to Thread

Removing Apps From ROM w/ JackSprat

I've read all the different posts on JackSprat as well as the PDF file that comes with it. I'm about 95% ready to start deleting applications from the ROM, but just figured I'd double check to make sure no one else had any any issues with any of these:

Alarm Sounds
    Calculator
    Eudora
    Flip Sounds
    Mail
    MP3 Demo Song
    MP3Player
    PhotoSuite
    Ring Sounds

I plan on replacing the above, using JackFlash, with:

AutoSync
    BackUp
    Bebopper
    FingerDial
    JPGView
    Kinoma
    MSMount
    PowerOne Calulator
    SnapperMail
    X-Master - just the app; I'll keep the hacks in RAM

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    -Pylades211

I have been using Jackflash on my 7135 for over 2 years now. Everything is relatively stable. HOWEVER.........XMaster and Bebopper were not happy in Flash ROM on my phone .

If you read the past posts re: JackFlash/JackSprat, you will know that stability is different for every 7135 because of the infinite number of combinations of apps that can be put into flash together. Some apps play well with each other and some don't.

MAKE CERTAIN YOU HAVE A VALID BACKUP ON AN SD CARD BEFORE CHANGING YOUR ROM!!!!!!! (all caps intended!!!)

Then try things out. There really is no advantage putting XMaster into flash as it only occupies 54kb in RAM. Putting apps into flash won't make them run any faster. If you are doing daily backups to an SD card, restores are easy.

Also make certain that you are using the latest versions of JS/JF (I have 3.0b14) as the older versions do not support the 7135.
    Last edited by Krazman; 03-12-2005 at 05:35 PM.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"