+ Reply to Thread

Kyocera 7135 from Bell?

What are some restritions on Kyocera 7135 from Bell Mobility?
    I bought it off of a friend of mine and he lied that it's for telus.
    so now i'm stuck with this phone i paid over $100 CAD. Is there anyway i can use this phone for Telus?
    someone please help out this poor soul.

..PS. i have no clue anything about phones.. i was just CONNED. now i'm scavenging around to find information to use my BELL 7135 on Telus!!! HELP!

where do u live and are you interested in selling it?

First question as above is what province are u in. I have a 7135 on Bell in B.C. I have friends with 7135 on Telus in B.C. No restrictions in either case. If it is a previous Bell phone U are trying to activate with Telus, all that needs to be changed is the PRL. Bell service in the West is carried on TElus towers and Telus service in the east is carried on Bell towers, should be no problem. I prefer Bell as their support and plan service is better than Telus.

Originally posted by bigburd
    First question as above is what province are u in. I have a 7135 on Bell in B.C. I have friends with 7135 on Telus in B.C. No restrictions in either case. If it is a previous Bell phone U are trying to activate with Telus, all that needs to be changed is the PRL. Bell service in the West is carried on TElus towers and Telus service in the east is carried on Bell towers, should be no problem. I prefer Bell as their support and plan service is better than Telus.

then how must this be carried out?
    yes i am in BC and it was previously activated in Bell.
    now i already have a cell phone from telus so i already have an active account, so i just would like to use my 7145 on the account
    please advice me on how this must be done!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH I REALLY APPRECIATE IT

Before you get your hopes up - to the best of my knowledge, moving between Bell and Telus right now is nearly impossible. Nearly impossible as in even if you know how to program your own phone, have it unlocked, and have a nice support/sales rep helping you, the BEST you can hope for is an analog connection on Telus towers (if you're moving from Bell).

Neither company officially allows foreign phones to be activated on their service. I managed to get my Sprint 6035 activated on Bell about 2 years ago - just after Telus stopped accepting foreign phones and while Bell started the same practice.

I recently bought the 7135 and both companies were not willing to do much more me - doesn't seem like much has changed. Even agreeing to sign up for a $50/mo contract for 3 years won't get you past a hard-and-fast rule like "no more foreign phones". I tried. Several times.

I'm sure there's an exception to what I've said above but your odds are *extremely* low of moving carriers.

This isn't what you want to hear but it'll save you a ton of grief.

Unfortunately enigma48 is right, you won't be able to use the phone with Telus as they will not activate a Bell phone.

However, Bell is running a promotion until the end of March...

- 250 anytime minute
    - Free Evenings/Weekends
    - Free Voicemail
    - Free Call Display, waiting, forwarding, conference calling
    - Free detailed billing
    - Free activation ($35 value)

I think a few other things for $23.50 a month (plus $7.10 for 911 and systems access)

Any Bell Mobility store should have this. Hoped that helps