+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Verichat

Verichat

I installed verichat, but it does not get my msn messages, only IM messages. I want to remove it from plam. I removed from my computer I thought and did a resyn. but it is still there.

Removing it from the computer does not remove it from the palm. You need to tap the menu button (bottom right on grafitti area) and click delete, then find the correct program to delete.

Please don't take offense, but from a few of your questions it seems you are new at using a Palm. It might be very helpful to you to read a palm tutorial someplace.
    Sandy Wagner

Thanks

Yes, I am new to this phone. I checked in the help section of the palm desk but it did not instruct how to remove, only how to install. Thanks again. P. S. Not offended.

Check out these intro to palm pages. They may be helpful. Remeber, these are not specific to the 7135 so there may be some minor differences.

http://www.g4tv.com/techtvvault/feat...lm_Basics.html
    http://www.usd.edu/pda/tutorials/bas...3_document.htm
    Sandy Wagner

Finally Got It

I went into the palm folders and deleted most of it but, some of it would not delete, it gave message as a read only file. Thanks again Sandy. I think you just have to figure a lot of things out on your own and also read these forums and the HELP Sections.
    This is the first palm smartphone I ever had and all this is really new to me. From what I have read on the Treo forums, this 7135 appears to be the pick of the litter in the smartphone catagory.
    Thanks again.

I have owned many palm handhelds. This is the only palm phone I have owned although a family member has a treo 600. Most of the instability on the palm comes from poorly written apps, which isn't so bad considering the price and how many apps are out there. The feature set of the treo may be a bit better as it is MUCH newer. But the flip design and durability on the 7135, as well as the integration of phone features is much nicer than the treo.

For all you may have read in the posts, my 7135 works great and we are on our 4th treo 600 (and it is mostly unusable as half the screen is orange) anxiously awaiting a treo 650 for verizon.

Aside from all of that, palms in general are great. The learning curve is quick, they are fun to play with, and the options are endless due to all the software out there. Good Luck
    Sandy Wagner