+ Reply to Thread

Cradle Talking To Me

PHONE AND CRADLE HAVE BEEN GREAT FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS UNTIL I RELOCATED COMPUTER AND PHONE. NOW THE CRADLE BEEPS WITH ANY RANDOM MOVEMENT OR WHEN EVER IT WANTS, LIKE WHEN YOU FIRST PLACE IT IN THE CRADLE. IDEAS??

i started having the same problem a while back after moving things around. could not figure it out. ihave since moved some cables under teh deska round and it stopped. i think it part static and part EMF issues

As far as I know, the beeping has to do with the phone connecting to a power source. It does not beep for me in the cradle (at my office) that has no power supply, but it beeps in the cradle (at home) that does have a power supply.

So, perhaps there is something screwy with the cradle's connection to the power supply?

unfortunately its not that simple. i can pick up and wiggle and shake the cradel with the unit in it and nothing happens. move around inteh chair, drag my feet or do something on the computer next to thephone and it will beep at me.

My cradle has done the same thing since day 1, and mine is also not related to vibrations. Out of curiosity do you have a laser mouse next to it? For me it seems like whenever I first touch my mouse it happens. Perhaps the red laser light is somehow setting off the IR receive function on the phone?

its not the optical mouse for me. does it with regular and optical mice.

had the same problem with mine when i first got it, when i talked to the guy who sold it to me he said it had to do with the internal battery not being completely charged so he told me to charge it in the cradle completely for a full night and it stopped, so it should have something to do with that. Recently it did it again and im not sure exactly why but what i did was just go to phone prefs and turned it on vibrate when i was charging it, that way it still got charged and it didn't annoy me the entire time.....

my phone spends most of its time on the charger anymore. so i doubt its the battery level. i really think its got something to do with EMF or static issues around the USB and power cables.

True, I know what your saying, b/c if i plug it into the car charger w/o the cradle it beeps nonstop, so I'm thinking its gotta be the power source or something to do with the connection, have you tried moving it to a different plug???

i have swapped out my surge protectors and rearranged the layout of the wires (I have 3 PCs, 4 peripherals, TV, stereo etc in/on/around the desk).

I have not had the problem in a while now.