+ Reply to Thread

BlueTooth headsets

I've been trying out Jabra's BT200 with much success. Anybody else have any input?
    Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135

FYI ... after browsing around a bit, the BT200 has apparently been discontinued although there are still may sellers who still have them. The BT250 is now the unit in question with about double the talk time 4 vs 8 hrs and more than double the standby time 100 vs 250 hrs. But the 250 doesn't look as sharp as the 200 I think.

It seems like a great idea rather than using a corded headset.

The reviews I read are mixed. Some complain of hiss, some say the headset is easily lost. Some say calls get missed ... not fast enough? Some say it's great!

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I have a BT200. It works great with my 7135. It's extremely nice to use because I hate getting tangled up in wires.
    Michael

Do I need to buy the adapter for the bluetooth or can I use it without?
    esmass:p

The BT200 is a two-part unit. The "multi-adapter" plugs into the headphone jack on the 7135, and the separate earpiece hangs on your ear. No additional hardware needed.
    Michael

I have a BT 200 that I used with success. Unfortunately, it somehow seems that the unit and the earpiece are no longer in sync and I (of course) threw out the book. Does anybody know how to re-sync them to each other? Thanks.

Originally posted by Kabee
    I have a BT 200 that I used with success. Unfortunately, it somehow seems that the unit and the earpiece are no longer in sync and I (of course) threw out the book. Does anybody know how to re-sync them to each other? Thanks.
    It's in the instructions. You can download the instruction manual from here -> http://www.jabra.com/NR/rdonlyres/BD...TFS_Manual.pdf
    Michael

Thanks. I actually had to call them because the instructions in the manual don't work for the non-bluetooth version. But it worked so thanks again.

So if I go to verizon store and buy the bluetooth it should have the multi adapters already right? because i went to the website and they are selling an adapter seperately. Is this the same thing or is this adapter that they are selling for phones that are not bluetooth compatible? and what does this mean not blue tooth compatible. Does it mean that the phone does not recongize the bluetooth technology? HELP

The phone itself does not recognize bluetooth but the BT 200 for non blue tooth phones works great. It comes with the adapter.

ok so you are saying that I would have to buy the adapter? then I would just put it into the earphone socket on the side of the phone - put the phone in my purse then just put the ear piece on and it should work? So I would have to buy the bluetooth which is on verizonwireless for 79.99 and the adapter for 49.00?

I don't think so. I bought the earpiece and the adapter as one unit on ebay for about $50.00. They come as a unit. The adapter plugs into the phone and transmits to the earpiece. They say it will work in a 30 foot radius. Mine works great to my belt, I just don't know how the pocketbook may impact that.

ok so I checked the verizonwireless website and got this: Headset (Jabra BT250)
    $79.99

The Bluetooth BT250 headset allows you to enjoy hands-free and cord-free conversations, and works up to 30 feet away from your mobile phone. Touch a single button on the headset to use your mobile phone's powerful features such as voice dialing, call-waiting and last number redial.

So I should not have to buy the adapter. The one that comes with the phone should work fine?

I don't know what the 250 is. I have the 200, but you have to make sure that it is the one for NON-bluetooth phones because the phone itself does not support it. That's why I get confused when you talk about the adapter that came with the phone. As far as I know, there isn't one that comes with the phone. The 200 product comes with both pieces. Hope this helps.

The BT250 is a new version of the BT200 and has just about double the talk and standby times. You MUST buy the non-bluetooth adapter model A210 in order to use the BT250 as the BT250 does NOT come with that adapter.

http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/product/A210

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....9&dept_id=5130

Thanks I thought that was the case!

You can get BT200 on ebay for about $65 or less. You can also buy the A210 tranmitter and any of the BT headsets. Check out the jabra site.
    Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135