+ Reply to Thread

Of Bebopper, Hard resets & Device ID...

Is there are HARDER hard reset for this phone?

My Hot Syncs all end in "failed" messages, even after a hard reset, but I'm able to back up contacts and install new programs.

Bebopper keeps coming up with a corrupt device ID. For a while it was all zeros (0000-0000-0000-0000), then for a while nothing, and then most recently the Bebopper application wouldn't even start, popping up a "device ID error" instead.

So what's wierd is, I did a hard reset (erase all data? YES), installed JUST Bebopper, and although is shows a scrambled 5-digit device ID, it now says "thanks for registering".

Is there a way to wipe the memory cleaner than clean and start fresh?

What version of Bebopper is installed? All zeroes indicates an error retrieving device information. Garbled IDs suggests you're using 1.3.0 or a very early release. The most recent version is 1.3.1.

Originally posted by PalmNut
    What version of Bebopper is installed? All zeroes indicates an error retrieving device information. Garbled IDs suggests you're using 1.3.0 or a very early release. The most recent version is 1.3.1.
    Hey Jonathan, I didn't expect to hear from the man himself! Thanks for the reply.

The '0000-' came from the most recent version on your website. This was perhaps a month ago. So I'll assume 1.3.0 or 1.3.1.

However, as I mentioned, that is the one that eventually would start, instead giving me a "device ID" error.

The one I just re-installed, that shows as registered and works but with a garbled ID, is version 1.1.4.

Any suggetions on how to correct the ID problem?

If the phone is in "Restrict Calling" mode you will get all zeros for device ID too.

Just something to check.
    In search of some Magic Coff33 +1 or better......

Originally posted by MightyMax
    If the phone is in "Restrict Calling" mode...
    "Restict Calling" as in 9-1-1 mode? Or is this something else?

Yes.. 911 mode... and they sure didn't make it easy to get to.
    In search of some Magic Coff33 +1 or better......