+ Reply to Thread

Pda and Phone at the same time?

I am thinking of getting a kyocera 7135. I have heard that you can and that you cannot use the pda at the same time you use the phone. Could someone please tell me which is the truth?

Thanks,
    Chris

You can use the phone and pda at the same time.

Yup I use that feature all the time... its way cool...
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Most reviewers that say you cannot use the PDA and the phone at the same time don't know what they're talking about. They assume that way because the touch screen is disabled while it is displaying the phone screen. The touch screen is disabled while the phone screen is displayed so the side of your face doesn't accidentally activate anything on it while you're holding the unit next to your head. However, you can simply tap the home (house) icon to get to the PDA screen, and then use it as you normally would at any time.

So, yYes, you can use the PDA and the phone at the same time. Just use a headset or the speakerphone while you are using the PDA and on a phone call.
    Michael

Thanks a bunch. That is what I figured, but I kept reading reviews that said you could not do that.

Thanks again,
    Chris

yea, it s cool to talk with someone on the speakerphone while using pda functions..
    7135 rocks.

I've managed to talk on the phone while using the pda portion.

The only thing I noticed is that when I switch from program to program that the audio from the person talking quits for about 1/2 a sec.

I know we can turn the phone off with the pda on; but is it possible to actually have the 7135 off completely (phone+pda)?

No. I believe, you can turn the phone off, but the PDA stays on unless you pull the battery out or it dies.
    Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135

Yes of course you can use your PDA apps while talking...

I oftenly write important things I dont want to forget with the notepad while talking to somebody. The speakerphone function is really handy when doing this.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by katone
    I know we can turn the phone off with the pda on; but is it possible to actually have the 7135 off completely (phone+pda)?
    The phone side can be turned off and the PDA side can be "put to sleep". That's as close as it gets to being completely powered off without removing the battery.
    Michael