+ Reply to Thread

Does call timer get reset on refurb?

On a refurbished phone, does the "All Calls" timer get reset?

No, there is always a lifetime meter on most phones that cannot be reset.

Administrator
    do you have a refurbed phone kwy? are you checking your personal phone or just asking FYI?

I just had the "Service required contact provider" phone failure, and the replacement I got from Verizon felt newish. So when the "All Calls" timer only showed 26 calls I wondered if it was accurate or had gotten reset after being refurbished. I guess I got lucky receiving a fairly new unit.

Administrator
    thats what it sounds like..

did you go into the systems service mode life timer or are you looking at the phones timer? there shuld be a service timer you can only see if you input a special code. on some phones it will actually state if a particlar model was refurb or new. not sure if the 7135 has this but i would imagine it does... someone will correct me if it does or not...

I'm looking at the phones timers, there's a "recent calls" that has a reset button and "all calls" that can't be reset. I've been to all of the programing screens (including service interface with the Kyocera wireless phone support toolkit) and haven't found anything like a service mode life timer.

Administrator
    OK, thanks for the feedback. seems you have a handle on whats going on with your phone and for that you have the upper hand!