+ Reply to Thread

Internal Battery Dead. Replaceable ?

Everytime I change batteries my phone does a hard reset. This seems to suggest that the internal battery is dead.

How do I get it replaced ?

Thanks.

Max

Hrm. Tough one. Honestly, I don't think I've ever had to change the battery on my 7135 since the battery recall! I don't even own a spare. Of course, I also charge the thing at most every two days, usually, every night. So my own internal backup battery might well be dead and I'd never notice!

I don't think this is a user-replaceable part. If it were, it'd be lurking right under the main battery or something, and it isn't. Taking the phone apart is generally bad news.

Have you tried calling your carrier's Customer Care? I realise spending time on hold with servicecritters is not necesarily a good way to spend the afternoon, but your carrier may have some established procedure for this (no idea if Verizon does).

Administrator
    the internal batt is not user replaceable... not worth the cost to even try and get it replaced... if that is indeed the case and you have taken it to verizon and had them declare this is what the actual issue is, i would sell it and get another 7135.... OR move up to the 21 century and get a newer phone model...

Do you always charge your battery seperate form the phone? I seem to recall that the internal battery does not get recharged from the replaceable battery, but only from the power cord/cradle. You might want to leave it plugged in without a battery installed for a night and see if it charges up the internal.

Alan

I put the phone for charging every night (no seperate charge pads).

The only problem I have is either when I need to swap batteries (on the road and not near an outlet) ... or when one of the palm apps crash the phone and the only way to reset the phone is to remove the battery and put it back.

If I remove the battery and put it back within a second .. it does a soft reset ... else it does a hard reset ... and I have to restore all my data ... a pain.

Administrator
    that sounds like the internal... replace the phone or never take the batt out seems to be your only recourse..