+ Reply to Thread

My phone number is wrong!

On the phone side when i select "Phone Number" is display's my number as a different number to what the phone is.

I am also having trouble with the phone and QNC since I bought it second hand (lucky I didnt pay much) so I took it to a repair agent who charged me a 'handling fee' but there answer was "it is not economical to repair the phone" when i asked why I could not get a answer.

This wrong number display, is this a service provider problem or a phone problem? Ive tried a hard reset which still returned the incorrect number.

Semi-Converged
    I don't know who your service provider is, but I (also) just purchased a used 7135. When you get the phone activated with your service provider, the next thing you generally do is activate the phone by dialling *228 (option 1). That is when my phone number changed to the one asscociated with my Verizon account. Also, FYI, I have Verizon Free-Up and can't use the "internet side" of the phone because data calls are not allowed with that package (sigh, but the price is right), so your QNC problems might have more to do with the "service" you have purchased.

Have you programmed the phone for your phone number? On the phone, type in 111111 (six ones), then scroll down to "Options". Select "Programming" and you can enter whatever phone number you want.

My provider is Telstra in Australia. QNC is part of my package because I simply upgraded my phone from a 6035 which QNC worked fine.

I have tried the *228 option but it comes back saying "This network feature is not provided on your service" and the phone eventually says "Activation Failed"

I have tried entering the programming menu, but it is locked out and I believe Telstra uses a random code.