+ Reply to Thread

fatal using hardball / can only store 6 voicedials

Hey folks. I've had my 7135 smartphone for about a year now... have (and had) sporadic minor problems but nothing terrible. I have searched the posts but can't seem to easily find anything specific to my problem (at least "I" can't seem to find it)... so I figured I's ask for help.
    Recently I received a fatal alert while playing the game "hardball". When I pushed the little button under the battery cover it did it's own hard reset (I think), since all my data was gone and I had to reload everything from my last sysc. Since then, everytime I play hardball I get "MemoryMgr.c.line:4372 / Non-Word-aligned handle.
    When I push the little button it does what I believe to be a soft reset since all my data is still there. One other problem... since the hard reset, I can only record 6 voice activated numbers. When I go to add #7 it tells me I've exceeded the number (which before the hard reset was 25 or something like that). Final point... I'm not using any add on's whatsoever. The phone only contains out of the box software and features. Any help is appreciated... Mike
    Last edited by harleyexec; 03-29-2005 at 01:56 PM.

Semi-Converged
    You might need to do a "serious" reset. I only had the kind of problems you are referring to with my 6035, but when I couldn't solve them, in addition to a hard reset, I renamed the "backup folder" on my computer. Then, I synced with palm, and then loaded selected programs from the backup folder selectively.

Thanks.
    I have done 2-3 resets now (all soft) and each reset brings more voicedials and I'm no longer getting fatels in hardball. Not sure why this is, but I'm not complaining. I will try adding all voicedials tonight and if no problem will see how long it lasts.
    Again... thanks for the feedback.