+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mail...

Mail...

I recently just added my e-mail account to my phone, using the built in endora mail. It works fine, but I cannot send e-mail to my job for some reason, it comes back as "not allowed."

I then took the advice that I found through a search on this site, and got the top of the line Snappermail "Enterprise Edition" 2.0

I set it up and it sends and receives just fine to my home e-mail and friends e-mails, but yet again, I cannot send email to my work account from this program. It comes back and says that it is "not allowed" just like the Endora program did. My job uses Outlook 2003 e-mail server and I use Outlook 2003 on my home computer for my personal e-mail.

When I send myself e-mail to my work account from my home computer, it gets there just fine, but not from the 7135 and I am using the same POP3 and SMTP account that I have on my home computer. I can send mail anywhere else, just not to my job. Any ideas from you mail 7135 guru's? Thanks!

It is unlikely anything you can set on your 7135. Ask your IT Administrator at work to make sure your email address is on your company "white list". Your work SPAM FILTER doesn't like the verizon SMTP server or something else in the header.

Your move to SNAPPER is a good move in any event. It is a far better email client for the 7135.

I would be happy to try an email from my own 7135 to you if you would like to write to me privately. If for some reason it goes through, then it indeed might be a setting in your SNAPPERMAIL.

**remove**greg**remove**@gregssandbox.com

(remove the "**" and the word "remove"

Greg

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Gmcmurry offers some very good suggestions. If you are still having difficulty, then please generate a diagnostic log in SnapperMail by following the instructions at this web page -

http://www.snappermail.com/support/#12

Send it to the SnapperMail support address. BTW, I work part time on the official SnapperMail support team. Hence, this suggestion. Good luck!
    Michael

Originally posted by Gmcmurry
    It is unlikely anything you can set on your 7135. Ask your IT Administrator at work to make sure your email address is on your company "white list". Your work SPAM FILTER doesn't like the verizon SMTP server or something else in the header.

Your move to SNAPPER is a good move in any event. It is a far better email client for the 7135.

I would be happy to try an email from my own 7135 to you if you would like to write to me privately. If for some reason it goes through, then it indeed might be a setting in your SNAPPERMAIL.

**remove**greg**remove**@gregssandbox.com

(remove the "**" and the word "remove"

Greg
    Ok, I tried sending the e-mail to you, but got the same response back that I do from work. Here it is: Authorizing SMTP SMTP Rcpt To: command failed: 550 relaying mail to gregssandbox.com is not allowed DURATION:7 END 3/30/05 7:23pm. Any ideas now? Like I said before I can send e-mail and receive my personal e-mail back and forth from friends, just not at work, and now apparantly to you. Thanks!

You must not be using Verizon SMTP.

Have you set up a username and password for the verizon SMTP?

Greg

Originally posted by Gmcmurry
    You must not be using Verizon SMTP.

Have you set up a username and password for the verizon SMTP?

Greg
    I didn't know that I had to use that. I used the POP3 and smtp protocol that I use for my desktop thru Cox cable.

How do you go about doing that?

Originally posted by VOATMJ1
    I didn't know that I had to use that. I used the POP3 and smtp protocol that I use for my desktop thru Cox cable.

How do you go about doing that?
    Yes, set it to use Verizon's SMTP server. The settings for SnapperMail are located here -

http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm#39
    Michael

Well, I followed the instructions to the letter, and it still will not work. I even had Verizon text me my password to be sure that it matched with what I put in the phone. Everything matched, I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I keep getting authoraztion failed and such crap. This is using the Verizon smtp.

Have Verizon do a software reset on your phone. I recently had verizon get me a new kyocera, Yes they found a new one in San Antonio, and after I loaded all my software, I experienced the same email problem. They did a hard reset and then reprogrammed the phone as if it was a new phone again. Good Luck because it took 6-8 calls and finally a 2nd visit to a store and getting the store manager involved.

Gino

Originally posted by VOATMJ1
    Well, I followed the instructions to the letter, and it still will not work. I even had Verizon text me my password to be sure that it matched with what I put in the phone. Everything matched, I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I keep getting authoraztion failed and such crap. This is using the Verizon smtp.
    Please generate a diagnostic log by following the instructions here -

http://www.snappermail.com/support/#12

Use one of the alternate methods listed in the instructions to send the log to the SnapperMail support Email address.
    Michael

Thanks, I'll do that!

Thanks for the Curse VOATMJ1

About 4 hours after I replied to your comment, I checked email and tried to respond and recieved failure after failure. That should teach me to offer advice.

Re: Thanks for the Curse VOATMJ1

Originally posted by ginoharden
    About 4 hours after I replied to your comment, I checked email and tried to respond and recieved failure after failure. That should teach me to offer advice.
    What kind of failures are you getting? What error messages?? Please explain.
    Michael

What kind of error message

Using snappermail I have tried on 3 different account the recommended verizon SMTP settings, and two different SMTP settings for diffent email accounts I have. All three of these accounts had worked earlier in the week.

The error messages is
    Authorizing SMTP
    Invalid login. Check username and
    password. Failed to authorize to
    SMTP Server on account.
    server name. Server
    replied 535 5.7.0

Mine works just fine. I use it many times a day as my only email tool. This all sounds pretty strange.

Greg

Mike was working fine until yesterday afternoon. I am suspecting something on Verizons side though, it quit working soon after I was in the store adding 2 more phones to our account. I will be paying them a visit soon.

Mike was working fine until yesterday afternoon. I am suspecting something on Verizons side though, it quit working soon after I was in the store adding 2 more phones to our account. I will be paying them a visit soon.
    Well, if the accounts were working but now they are not, and you didn't change any SnapperMail configuration, then the process of elimination dictates that it is a server problem.
    Michael

Re: What kind of error message

Using snappermail I have tried on 3 different account the recommended verizon SMTP settings, and two different SMTP settings for diffent email accounts I have. All three of these accounts had worked earlier in the week.

The error messages is
    Authorizing SMTP
    Invalid login. Check username and
    password. Failed to authorize to
    SMTP Server on account.
    server name. Server
    replied 535 5.7.0
    This is the exact same error message that I keep getting.

Two separate users having the exact same problem ... another indication that it is a server problem.
    Michael

GOD I LOVE TECHNOLOGY! It makes you appreciate it, when it is not working.

As if this week was not crazy enough. I can recieve all my email and phone back responses and bids!!!