+ Reply to Thread

Question syncing address book

I had a crash yesterday, I m on a business trip...
    after the hard reset, I mistakely (while driving..) pushed 'backup' instead of 'restore'. It took me 5 sec to realize and push cancel, but by then my address book was erased from the backup database..

I have the addresses on my desktop software, but for some reason I can not sync them on my 7135 anymore. it seems to sunc everything but the address book.

My battery is fully charged.
    I tried adding new contacts on both the 7135 and PC, but none of them appears on the other after sync!

any input would be appreciated, vzw is not helping much...
    ---

(by the way, after the crash happened, my keypad keys would not respond anymore, then eventually start working again (but slower) after a while..)??

have you tried a "Desktop Overwrites Handheld" option for the address book?

well, the address book doesn t show up in the options!

i have the to do list, the memo list, but not the address book!
    i m confused.

are you using the palm desktop or chapura or something else?

so in the hotsync manager, if choose custom, do you see the address book there

ok, after talking to kyocera (helpful folks btw), we finally figured it out.

the reason why the address book wasn t syncing (or showing up in the 'custom' window) is because my email client (mozilla) installed an extention to sync with its own address book.
    we reinstalled and it is now fixed. my 7135 is back in action.

as for the non working keys, it seems that my car adapter is creating the bug (it still does it today when plugged on the OEM adapter, but the problem stops imediately upon upluging it).
    they also had me do a "click on 'phone' while holding the backlight button" thing.