+ Reply to Thread

Upper Key pad Not Responding

I finally got my phone out of the digitizer mode. Now, the upper key board is not responding to any taps in applications. In the keypad when I tap on a letter it will not put the correct letter, it will go like three or four letters across from the letter I tapped. Also other keys are not responding to taps, some I have to tap very hard. Can anyone tell what could be wrong with my phone.
    I am about the point of trashing this one, or should I contact Kyocera support or verizon?

Contact Verizon. They will send you a new phone in about a day. I had a similar problem a few months back. I called verizon data support and the next day by noon there was a package from Verizon with a new phone(refurb).

I called verizon today and they will be sending me a new phone and should receive it Tuesday. Those who replied saved me a lot of money, as I was ready to buy a new phone. Thanks everyone

well, my keypad does not respond neither, but only when the phone is plugged in (wall or car charger). my 7135 works just fine as soon as I unplug it..

the warranty on my phone is out, and i don t have insurance. Will VZ exchange it?

Yes, I didn't have insurance either. You may want to call and speak with a data tech. rep. they maybe able to tell you whats wrong. If it can't be fixed they will send you a refurbished one.