+ Reply to Thread

extions on contacts

can i put my contacts ext. in so it dials when i call it or is visable at least

I have a few contacts in with extensions, but it doesn't dial them automatically. As soon as the call starts, I go to the pda and look up the contact to see the extension. I don't know if there's a way to have a pause and then dial with the 7135. I know you can do it with several cell phones, hopefully someone else can tell us how to do it on the 7135.

JohnA

i would just like them in there at all maybe with a hard puse or some thing i dont care this number never get called from the cell but it is nice to have

A comma equals a couple of seconds pause and a % equals a wait. You will have to hit the OK button to advance the number after the wait.

Hope this help!

ilvzelda64

If you enter the number on the 7135, use the number format 5551212 x123. When you hit the green button, it dials 5551212, then the "x" acts like a hard pause (just like "%" does.) When the phone answering system asks you for the extension, just press the "ok" button and the phone will dial "123". Works great.

If you enter the phone number from within the Palm Desktop application, there is a data entry field called "Ext." to the right of the phone number field. When you enter something here and sync with the 7135, HotSync adds the "x" then the extension to the phone number. Then you can dial as above. Works great this way too.

Yet another nifty but little known feature of the 7135.