+ Reply to Thread

card not recognized after installing files

I had a generic 512mb sd card in my Kyocera 7135. I took the card out of my phone, put it in my pc's card reader, loaded up a 20mb spreadsheet on the card to take it home. I got home, installed the big spreadsheet from the sd card to my pc, put the sd card back in my 7135 and it said, "card not recognized." I had to format the card to make it work again.

This happened a time or two, so I thought maybe my card was bad. I now have a new Kingston 1gig sd card. I loaded up everything I wanted on it and all was well. I came to work the next day, put the card in my card reader, created a new folder inside my DCIM folder to install some new pictures. When I put the card back in the 7135... same problem, "card not recognized."

Any idea what causes this? It seems that sometimes, (but not all the time), when I install new files on my card, the 7135 won't recognize it anymore and I have to wipe everything out and start over.

Any suggestions?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Sounds to me like there is something on your PC that is messing it up. What that would be ..... I have no idea.
    Michael

Me too!

The same thing has happened to me two or three times. I have no explanation, tho. I make sure I have a recent backup on both the card and pc just in case. Kim

hmm I've seen a simalar sort of thing happen when one goes between different pc's and a digital camera. I never could figure out what device was causing the issue and reformating the card in one of the devices usually fixed it...
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.