+ Reply to Thread
    Semi-Converged

Talking I want to read my mail

I have been searching the archives and some of them have been quite helpful as to where to look, but I still have this "little" problem.

You see, I am cheep. I am on Verizon's Pay as you go plan, FreeUp, and there are no data calls allowed. So, I would like to sync my desktop e-mail with my 7135.

I read mail via Mozilla, but am willing to let Outlook 2003 peek at the files if it promises to be nice. I have tried Mobile Mail and Eudora. Having fiddled around more with the first, it seems to work during hot sync, but no mail ends up on the 7135.

I would be willing to let the 7135 peek at my POP account during hotsync as long as it promises to leave the messages on the server for Mozilla.

Any ideas?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    If you can access your Email server wirelessly, I recommend SnapperMail. It's wireless only (i.e. it does not have a sync conduit). So, it will not sync your mail during a hotsync with your PC. Since you're using POP3, the Lite, Standard or Premier edition should work for you.
    Michael

Semi-Converged
    Ah, but that is exactly the issue. Because of Free-Up, I can't connect wirelessly. I would like to do this so that I can let e-mail pile up at work and read the stuff on the way home.

Snappermail

The best best is snappermail. I have it check my email every hour when I am in the field and then when I get to my laptop, I am able to download the emails if I care to. Some days I just delete them from the server if it is a bunch of spam.
    You can also set up Snappermail to delete emails when you either put them in the trash on your phone or when you empty the trash if you want to clean out some of the emails from your server.
    ------------------PM if you have any questions

Semi-Converged
    That would be lovely, except that, as SilvrDrgn says, snappermail doesn't have a hotsync conduit. That is the only way my 7135 can talk to the internet.

Maybe double check your hotsync settings on your pc, mine is set for mail to do nothing, maybe yours is the same? I think that's the default. Hope this helps.

JohnA

Originally posted by JohnA
    Maybe double check your hotsync settings on your pc, mine is set for mail to do nothing, maybe yours is the same? I think that's the default. Hope this helps.

JohnA
    Yes, if you want your hot sync to load your e-mail from your computer (I use Outlook2003) it will, but you have to set it up to do this. By default, it will not. Go into your hotsync manager, under custom, and set up your e-mail to sync with your palm device.

Yes, what VOATMJ1 has written works, install the email conduit. I forget its exact name. It is on the KYO setup cd. If you need more help just yell and I will pull out the disk.
    Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135