+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Antenna Removal

Antenna Removal

Verizon sent me a new phone to replace mine with no questions asked when I called about my phone not getting out of step 2 of the setup. I didn't even buy it from verizon (bought on ebay 2 mos. ago) The new phone has the retractable antenna and the old phone has the short antenna. I would like to switch antennas, how do I get the short antenna removed, I have a tool to remove the retractable antenna? P.S. Members of this forum saved me a lot of money, I was going to buy a new phone.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Easy. Get a flat head screw driver that will fit into the antenna hole. Push the antenna all the way into the phone. Then pull out the top part (skinny) of the antenna just a little bit - not all the way. Carefully bend it to the side to get it out of the way. Put the screw driver in the hole and loosen/remove the silver antenna holder. Install the new antenna in "reverse order".
    Michael

By extending the antenna all the way turning it slowly will loosen and tighten it, also
    Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135

I just pulled on the antenna of the old phone and it was the retractable type. The antenna on my new phone is longer and extends further out then the old one. Are their any difference in the antennas as to which would get better reception or does make much difference. I was just wondering before I sent back my old phone to verizon. (I wonder why they would want the old phones, I beleive the processor went out in mine.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I just got a replacement 7135 that has a longer antenna tip. It seems to give me better digital signal reception.
    Michael

I remember reading in this forum of the later 7135 having bigger attenas.
    Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135