+ Reply to Thread

snappermail premier

It appears that sanppermail is the mail program of choice to also open e-mail/attachments. Aside from snappermail is there any other program that I need to have installed on my 7135 to open and read attachments? Does anyone know where to find a manual that walks you through the set up screens to enter the correct info? Also, can all the programs run from the expansion card because of space reqirements on the main unit?

Snappermail does not open attachments itself. It identifies the type of attachment and looks for the appropriate app (in the register) to open it.

-Quick

QuickOffice or Docs-To-Go will open .docs, .xls, & .ppt. QuickOffice should have come with the 7135.
    Ron Honey
    7135 Nut

Originally posted by ronhoney
    QuickOffice or Docs-To-Go will open .docs, .xls, & .ppt. QuickOffice should have come with the 7135.
    What do you mean by "should have" come with the 7135? Are you saying that is should have been loaded in the phone by default, or on the CD that came with the phone? Because I don;t have that either.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    As Quick says, SnapperMail does not open the attachments itself. It passes the attachment to the PalmOS Exchange Manager, and then the Exchange Manager figures out which program to send the attachment to based on the type and what program is registered to handle the type.

In order for all of the above to work, SnapperMail and the attachment handling programs must all be installed in the main memory of the handheld device. If they are on the card, then the PalmOS Exchange Manager won't be able to see them, and the attachment handling won't work.
    Michael