+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-06-2005
    Posts
    5

    mp3 file problem

    i have been trying to get the mp3 player on my 7135 to work for about a month. loaded Bebopper on it and attempted to use the downloader to move mp3s to it. I have a 1 gig sd card formated by the phone in there. i downloaded about 30 files but only 4 show up on the factory mp3 player playlist and only 1 shows up on the bebopper playlist. the phones card manager shows that the space is taken up on the card and i purchased an sd card reader to verify they are there and they are and play fine on my pc from the card. from all the threads and faqs i have read it seems i may have a file naming problem? i deleted the playlist .pd? file to force the mp3 player to look at the mp3 files but no luck. do you have any recommendations on how to save this little gadget from trade in?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2005
    Posts
    15
    It was mentioned previously that the maximum number of characters in the file name INCLUDING the path cannot exceed 64. Please note this is the file name of the file itself, NOT the name contained in the MP3 tag. I don't know whether the VOLUME NAME is included in the path name for the file but I wouldn't be suprised if it was ....

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-06-2004
    Location
    South West Iowa
    Posts
    82
    When you loaded your MP3's on the card, did you first create a folder on the card named "AUDIO" to put the MP3's into that? I made the mistake of NOT doing this, and had the same problems you are having.

    Thanks to this site, I learned the error of my ways and created the audio folder, loaded the MP3's within that, and all is well. Both the factory and Bebopper (love it) players, work flawlessly and I have over 60 songs on the card and every last song is listed by both players.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-06-2005
    Posts
    5
    good news and bad news.
    i too read for about 4 hours last night all of the posts i could and learned more than i thought i needed. still had the problem but the two replys of character length and folder setup jarred my memory of one post i read. it said to put them in an audio folder, which i did. so my card has an audio and an empty palm folder, or so i thought. the post also said to delete the playlist file to make the factory or beebop software search for the songs. i did delete the one in the audio folder but two levels into the palm folder stood a beebop playlist file. i deleted it and then all songs now appear on beebop but not factory. and none of them play. getting "error enumerating volume in slot" "OS Error:290D"
    thanks for helping

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-06-2004
    Location
    South West Iowa
    Posts
    82
    Wipe the card clean (read: re-format) and start fresh. See if that helps. You could still have some errant files still on the card looming around causing problems.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Posts
    150
    The 7135 in this case can't find the card and thus can't enumerate it. Eject the card, perform a soft reset and reinsert the card after your phone acquires a signal. Do the files play now?

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-06-2005
    Posts
    5
    i tried pulling the card out, soft resetting the phone with the same results. two of the mp3 files suddenly jumped from 3 to 4 meg up to 9 and 14 so i thought they may be corrupted. stuck it back into my sd reader to reformat and the reader now says it can not format the disk. stuck it back in the phone and it was able to format it. there are two options though that i am not sure which to select when the reader is formatting it regarding the file system. FAT 32 and FAT. which should be used and could that be the source of my problem? after the phone formated it i put back in my sd reader and created an audio file next to my palm file and put an mp3 file on it, one of the two that showed up as really big in size before. beebopper sees the song but once you play it, it freezes the phone. could be a corrupt file? i used the sd reader to remove it and put one on there that i know plays and it did play. i pulled the possible corrupt one from online file share, burned it to a cd, then ripped it back to my pc. some where in the mix, it must of lost touch with who it was.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-06-2005
    Posts
    5
    there does appear to be problems with the batch of mp3s that i burned then ripped. is there something in the file name or file that may be hosing me? also are there any problems in changing the file names from wma to mp3? the one file that seems to play well does not have .mp3 in the file name of beebopper. the others do. both files do on my pc.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Posts
    150
    Some MP3 encoders generate files with data not all players and data parsers can handle. Rerippiing the file or using a different encoder in the first place usually fixes the problem.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-06-2005
    Posts
    5
    thanks i used Windows media player originally but have been using Acoustica since. i will try and re rip.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts