+ Reply to Thread

Email ISPs - & Mobile Mail - Inexpensive

I have been using Maglobe (www.maglobe.net) to access my POP and use SMTP mail at Yahoo. Maglobe costs are very cheap, under $1 per HOUR. I've used Maglobe sor several years at various points throught the USA.

They also have international service - to access the internet via a cell phone or through a computer online.

My cell service provider is Verizon.

But, what ISPs are others using to access email on their 7135s?

Appreciate comments. Thanks

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I use Road Runner for retrieving my POP3 Email, and FastMail - http://www.fastmail.fm - for sending Email.
    Michael

I use Maglobe for both my incoming Yahoo pop mail and outgoing smtp Yahoo mail (Yahoo SMTP requires authorization). My Server setting in "Mobile Mail" is - mail.Maglobe.net.

Why would you need sepatare ISPs for incoming mail and smtp?

Although it has few features, Mobile Mail offers/supports SMPT authorization which is what I need, and is slimmer than Eudora. Are there any other email programs you like?

Email

I also use Verizon as a carrier. I just use Verizon Wireless Sync to retrieve email from both by work email and home email servers. (bellsouth). It works fine and its a free service.

never heard of VERIZON WIRELESS SYNC

Boatdrink - Could you please explain the settings and other details to use "Verizon Wireless Sync". I never heard of it as an ISP.

I am also using Mobile Mail - the email program that cam with the 7135. My email is Yahoo POP and SMTP (with Yahoo business version upgrade)

I have a national Verizon calling Plan.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Boblax
    Why would you need sepatare ISPs for incoming mail and smtp?
    Most ISPs don't allow computers or devices that are not directly connected to their networks to use their SMTP servers. It is a SPAM relay prevention measure. For example, I can retrieve my POP3 Email from Road Runner on my 7135, but they do not allow me to use their SMTP server for the above reason. That's why I use FastMail for my SMTP. Actually, I use it for all of my SMTP needs from every computer and device that I have, anywhere that I use them. That way I don't have to worry about where I am or what ISP I'm networked to at the time ... I can always send Email regardless of where I travel.
    Michael

Wireless Sync

This is the link to Verizon Wireless Sync. One nice feature that I have found is that I can also access my personal email account on my work computer while I'm traveling. Normally I cannot do that due to security/firewall restrictions. This is free if you have verizon

https://www.wirelesssync.vzw.com/en/logon.asp

My ISP for my home/business computer is OPTIMUM ONLINE cable broadband (Long Island NY). Can I use them to retrieve POP yahoo mail? I do not use their (my ISP's) email domain. I just use them to connect

Then you are suggesting I use Fastmail to sned (SMTP) email from my phone, correct? How much is Fastmail?

The previous poster mentioned, "Verizon Wireless Sync" - what is that - an ISP? How would that fit in to the picture do you think?

Thanks again for your comments- Bob

by the way, Maglobe costs well under $1 per HOUR

@ Boblax,
    Do you have a Yahoo Plus account? You need a "Plus" account in order to access their POP3 servers. If you do, then you don't need to use your Optimum ISP. Just use your wireless carrier's network and retrieve Email onto your device with a POP3 client.

A FastMail "Member Account" is a one-time-only fee of $14.95, which gives you access to their SMTP server.
    Michael

Yes, I have the Yahoo Plus account folr Pop mail. I will look into the Verizon Sync system mentioned in this thread. It's free, correct. Then I wll check the Fastmail website.
    Many thanks.
    I have found when I travel I don't really need a computer. I just need to see email.
    Regards -