+ Reply to Thread

WorldMate Updates failing

I have used WorldMate for a while now and have been able to get weather updates, etc. without a problem. For the past few weeks the updates are failing. The basic message is "check your internet connection". Well, Web Pro, Snappermail, etc. all work fine so it's not the "connection". WorldMate doesn't use a PQA, so that's not the issue (or is it?).

Their tech support is scratching their heads and says they don't support the 7135. I told them it worked before and not now. Also, their latest release yields the same results.

They have offered a refund (which I'm just about ready to accept), but I wonder if anyone else has the same problem or knows of a solution.

I notice that the WAP browser uses a proxy IP (199.74.153.210) and port (9203). Where can I find the IP of the phone and if it's using a proxy for any of its services?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    On the 7135, go to What Is My IP.
    Michael

Same problem here

I have been using Worldmate for about 6 months and I can't get it to work either. I get the same error message for updating weather or currency.

If you find a solution please post it as it would be quite useful. Right now I simply either hotsync Worldmate or enter currency manually. This doesn't help if you don't have a PC handy.

Thanks

Marv

It's WorldMate, not your 7135. It happens from time to time with them and they ALWAYS say they don't support the 7135. It happened to me Monday evening and again on Wednesday. I haven't tried it today, although it did work on Thursday.

I would strongly suggest that you don't make any changes to your 7135, and give WM a chance to correct their problem. This has been ongoing with WM for the 2+ years I have had it on my 7135.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

Thanks for the reply Krazman!

I wasn't planning to do anything to my 7135. My 7135 has been generally error free and stable so when Worldmate didn't work I just worked around it

At least someone is working with Worldmate to fix it hopefully.

Thanks for the support Krazman!