+ Reply to Thread

Aftermarket 7135's: Warranteeable? How?

I worry that, if I buy for instance a 7135 elsewhere, even a new one, it may prove unreliable (have seen a lot of talk about exchanges here) and I will be out of luck with my "aftermarket" phone.

What options do I have if I buy one and it goes bad?

When my 6035 went out, the insurance told me they wouldn't do anything because it had not been "damaged". Seems to me when I first signed up for the policy, it also covered nonfunctioning, but then they never put anything in writing.

So I need a phone. Any suggestions?

Thanx.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

I bought mine in early March on eBay. I activated it on Verizon and now I notice on my Account Maintenence page that I have a one year warrantee. I'm guessing from what I've read here that they would honor it if something happened. Kim

BTW: I only paid $80 for it after shipping. Who needs to worry about insurance at that price? Kim
    Last edited by kimr55760; 04-09-2005 at 05:14 AM.

I can get every part for the phone except what is crucial. That is the mainboard that houses what seems to go bad in these phones. without us having a way to get this mainboard we will soon be out of luck.

ROM degradation etc.

SO exactly.. I've got 2 from ebay just this week - a brand new one with no service programming yet and one that was already programmed but it was with the lower grade phoneware and palmware nonetheless it has a new aluminum faceplace and battery cover and has just been upgraded to 29/44 or 44/29 however er peeps write it. NOw it's just like 2 brand new phones.

Soon all options will run out - I'm studying my second phone now and I can already tear it down completely and rebuild it within 15 minutes. all parts but the mainboard are currently replaceable and I have access. These are not aftermarket parts so they will run out - but not before a few of us get serviced by them.
    A cat almost always blinks... When struck in the head with a hammer.

"Lower grade phoneware?" "Palmware?" What does that mean?

If I buy a boxed & sealed phone, is there a way to find out what I'm getting? Didn't know there were grades to any of this. Hard wired in?

Thanks.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P