+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Angry No More 7135 Verizon Activations!

I purchased a 7135 a couple of weeks ago for myself, and got it activated it with no problem as a replacement for my existing Verizon phone. I've been very happy with it, so I purchased a second one for my wife. When I tried to activate the new phone for her (a replacement for *her* Verizon phone), I was told that as of April 1st, Verizon no longer supports activation for the 7135! And that's not just new activations, but even as a replacement phone on an existing account!

The rep didn't know it at first, she tried to activate it, but we got an "unauthorized" error when trying to confirm the activation. So she went off to talk to tech support, and about 10 minutes later, she was back with the above explanation, and told me that it wasn't even in their system anymore, so they couldn't activate the phone.

Can anyone see any way around this? I've seen reference to other carriers (Alltel?) that support the same phone, and my wife's contract is up in July, could I just wait and activate with them? Or do I just need to try to get a refund (as Verizon suggested) from the vendor that sold me the phone?

Thanks,
    NGage
    Last edited by NGage; 04-09-2005 at 10:56 AM.

Well that sucks. The 7135 is the ONLY PDA phone with analog roaming for remote areas. I was going to buy 5 for my sales team as a mobile email solution but that's not an option now!

Bummer!

Another member of this forum just got a new 7135 and activated it within the last day or so, so you may want to go further up the Verizon chain,because they aren't telling you the truth.

If this is the case I'll be switching to Sprint when my contract runs out. Verizon is quickly losing my loyalty with all their finangling. Why on earth would they want to interfere with our choice of phones?

regarding my last rely, check out the posts by "pbrooks". She ordered a replacement on the 6th and activated it yesterday.

One last thing, did you go to www.vzw.com? You can activate the phone yourself online. I just deactivated my phone by replaceing it with a spare that I have and then reactivated my 7135 with no problem.

Where dd you buy the 7135 from (original poster)? Maybe they won't activate 3rd-party phones programmed for other providers anymore... ? Just a guess...

Thanks for all the responses, folks.

spddare65, I took your suggestion, and tried going online to activate. When I did, I got this message: "We cannot process your request at this time. Please try again later or call us for assistance at 800-922-0204." I'm guessing that you can re-activate if you already had a 7135 for that line, but not if you didn't?

recycle, I bought the phone from Cellstar, who has been selling 7135s (including the one I bought 2 weeks before) without contract. The phone comes in the Verizon box with all the Verizon trimmings, so I think it was originally a Verizon phone. I spoke to Cellstar on Friday, and the were going to have their Kyocera rep look into this...
    Last edited by NGage; 04-09-2005 at 03:54 PM.

OOOOooohhh, Scheisse!

I just ordered one over the internet this morning, 'bout two-three hours after this post appeared, if I calculate right!

Finally replacing my defunct 6035, after all these years. By the time I get it, there will doubtless be a block over the entire system unless they change this policy.

If anyone gets any new intelligence on this disaster, I'd like to hear.

Thanks.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

I tried to activate my phone online first and had the same result. I had to call Verizon and even the first *228 was unsucessful. It finally worked on the second try.

My boss just picked one up brand new from amazon this week. Even Kyocera is selling them new from their website with a verizon contract. You were being fed a crock of $$$$ Call the 800 # that it gives you when you try it on the website. They will activate it for you I am sure. If the person that answers wont, just keep climbing the chain. They really cant turn you down I dont think.

Originally posted by mangus580
    My boss just picked one up brand new from amazon this week. Even Kyocera is selling them new from their website with a verizon contract.
    Looked at the website just now, and for 90803, at least, Long Beach, CA, there are only 3 Kyocera phones, KX- 2, 404, 444.

I have heard many times that they sell different phones in different area codes. See my thread, below, with NO responses:

IS THERE a Verizon Store w/ 7135's?
    Last edited by DCookinLB; 04-09-2005 at 05:21 PM.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

Amazon Deal

I dont think any of the stores actually carry them anymore. But there is no reason you shouldnt be able to activate a new phone.

I just activated a replacement 7135 a couple of days ago (after 4/1). It wouldn't activate online, or through the 1st level phone rep, due to a wrong ESN in their system.

I am really curious about this. So what happens if my 7135 (new from VZW in August) dies? Do I get a Treo as a replacement? I wonder what the people at Lock/Line think about this.
    Gloria in excelsis Deo.

kimr55760, was this your first 7135 that you activated? Or a replacement for a 7135 you already had? Was this since the 1st of April?

4ster, yeah, it does make you wonder about that, since I already have one 7135 that was activated. And what about when I want to sell the one I have and move to something else? Doesn't Verizon's decision make the one I have worthless?

I just got mine on 4/7. I activated it with no problems at all on 4/8. Call them again, someone is telling you a story

That is a good point I had not thought of. I guess it is kind of like when Palm.net died. You could still use the Palm VII and the i705 for pda functions but not for wireless.

Still, if Verizon has to give us Treos in the future, it might not be all bad.
    Gloria in excelsis Deo.

Originally posted by scottpm
    I just got mine on 4/7. I activated it with no problems at all on 4/8. Call them again, someone is telling you a story
    Scottpm,
    Did you have a 7135 before? Or was the one you activated on 4/8 (the day *after* I tried to activate my second one!) your first 7135 with Verizon. I want to be clear about that before I call again.

Thanks.

Not for nothing but when my 7135 dies, or battery dies and i need a phone while mine is charging or left at work i just activate my old 6035 or motorola v140 (both of which vzwno longer sells or supports), with no problems then when my 7135 is back in my hands i reactivate it. I think you need to climb the cust supp chain of command

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast