+ Reply to Thread

Can the phone portion be disabled?

I recently got an SRCP notice on my 7135. Verizon will be sending me a Treo 600 but I love the 7135 so much, I would like to keep using it for the games I have purchased and in particular I love the MP3 player. Can anyone tell me how to disable the phone completely?

Since I got the SRCP, the phone constantly tries to turn itself on and I assume it is looking for a signal. This drains the battery and I get no use out of my 7135. My son and I love to play Mazera and I have completed approx 95% of the game. I have to complete the game and get Ix home.

Please advise and thanks in advance.
    Playmaker -- nuff said...

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    It shouldn't try to turn itself on unless you have the configuration setting (in the "Power" section of the "Prefs Phone" application) set to turn the phone on after a reset. Do you have the program Energy Saver installed? If so, that can also turn the phone on.
    Michael

I set it to NOT power on after reset. Even after I reset it, the phone still stills to goes into powering on mode. This happens after I place it in the cradle.

It will not power down unless I use the preferences to turn the phone off.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    (shrug) Dunno what to tell you, then.
    Michael

I talked to Kyocera. They suggested I take my 7135 to a Verizon store and ask them to delete and then re-install the OS. That sounds like a stretch to me. The Kyo guy said this has been known to help with a full recovery of the unit from time to time.

Sounds logical to me. Cause mine behaves as expected when I reset or when I put it in the cradle, it stays off when off, on when on.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.