+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7135 activation

Thumbs up 7135 activation

With all the talk about Verizon not activating 7135s anymore I was a little worried since I purchased one on eBay the day before reading this board.

I'm not sure where Verizon is not activating these phones but it's not in Florida. When my phone came I called Verizon and told them I got another phone. They asked for the numbers under the battery and my phone was working 5 minutes later. They did say I needed the data plan but I told them to put me on the pay as you go plan. So far there hasn't been any extra charges.

The picture of the 7135 even comes up now when I go to my account online.

They didn't charge anything and didn't say anything negative about the phone in fact the girl I talked to said it's a real nice phone.

The only thing I changed was to cancel Verizon Super Pages since this phone doesn't support that.

Semi-Converged
    Walt, which pay-as-you-go plan are you on? Can you make data calls? I was told I couldn't on FreeUp, but (as with many here), sometimes I think I just need to get the right rep.

Here is my new hypothesis on pay-as-you-go-data:

- When I see on my phone "Standard Data Rate," I am not charged for data.

- When I see "Packet Data, High Data Rate," I am.

I am not sure why my phone sometimes connects as one and sometimes connects as the other, but so far, this rule on how I am billed always applies.
    Gloria in excelsis Deo.

Semi-Converged
    Sounds good. However, I can't connect with any data rate. When I try to dial my ISP, I get dropped (no data calls). When I try QNC, I get dropped. Of course, at 10 cents/minute for voice calls, I guess this saves me a chunk of change.

I really don't know what pay-as-you-go plan I'm on. They didn't say however when I use the icon that says "web" I get on one way and when I use the Eudora Web icon it seems to go online the old way. I won't know until I get my next bill what I'm being charged for.

Originally posted by mbirgen
    Walt, which pay-as-you-go plan are you on? Can you make data calls? I was told I couldn't on FreeUp, but (as with many here), sometimes I think I just need to get the right rep.