+ Reply to Thread

Question SnapperMail help

I just set up SnapperMail demo and am confused about a few things. After a few tried I got to connect to my email account with bellsouth. It downloaded a few messages and all was fine. Then I entered a new message and hit send/recv and I got an error message that said (in the connection log) that I had an invalid login and to check my username and pw. I've repeated this 10 times with the same results. I did not change my user/pw info, why will it not connect?

I am about 99% sure of all my server/account info except the outgoing email server. I called VZW and they told me to use:
    smtp.vzwmail.net Is this correct?

BTW - the Bellsouth pop3 server is: Mail.bellsouth.net - same as my desktop email account.

Forgot one thing - tomorrow I will be talking to my IT dept about using the Lotus Notes IMAP server.

Copy the link below and then paste it in your browser, and it will take you where you need to go for ALL of your answers. I just went through all of this with my recent Snappermail install.

Mail...

Yes, the Verizon smtp is correct, but you have to go to vtext.com and set up your password and crap. Like I said the above link will tell you everything you need to know about setting up your snappermail thanks to the good people on this forum.

I read the link. Thanks for the information. I actually got some bad (incomplete) advice from VZW tech support. The guy told me about the server but did not say anything about the vtext part of the user name and pw, so I left it blank. When I called back, a different tech support guy told me about the vtext part and actually stayed online until I had registered online. He said it would take between 2 and 24 hours for the registration to go through. So, I assume that will take care of the problem.