+ Reply to Thread

Is VZW stopping support for the 7135?

I got this info from a post on Howard Forums

Just got a memo today, it seems Verizon is pulling all support for the 7135.

CSR Respone line as follows.

“Due to the number of issues Verizon Wireless has experienced with the Kyocera 7135 device, Verizon Wireless has made a decision not to activate further Kyocera 7135 devices on the Verizon Wireless network. If you wish to purchase and activate an alternate device, I can connect you to our Telesales department or provide you information on a local retail store for further information.”

Some exemptions exist, but they even are willing to buy back any unsold inventory we purchased direct, which is practicaly unheard of from them..
    Anyone know if this is true, an if it is true, what happens to us when our 7135 crapps out?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    They're not allowing new activations of the 7135. Existing 7135 users can still get replacements if their units die. If you have "enough" failures, they'll send you a Treo 600 as a replacement.
    Michael

ok, I just wanted to make that I could get a replacement if mine died sometime in the future.

Because if that ISNT the case, I need to know so that I can sell it now, since it is less than a month old (got a new one from an instore tech as a replacement) and use that money to purchase a new phone.

if that can help YOU, I received a treo as a replacement about 4 days ago....
    good luck

Originally posted by katone
    if that can help YOU, I received a treo as a replacement about 4 days ago....
    good luck
    so if I did have a problem, and my phone needed to be replaced, can I expect that to be the course of action? I tried to call 611 this morning, and the girl said that she had heard about them stopping support, but that they will still have 7135's to hand out of you already have one, they are just not activating any new ones. I asked her "So I would get a 7135 or would I get a treo, blackberry, i600?" and she said 7135. I will be calling 611 later on today and talking to someone else.

I was activated on April 14th NEW phone NEW service
    A cat almost always blinks... When struck in the head with a hammer.

April 18th, after 2 years with my first 7135 the original died, they replaced it with another 7135. The replacement 7135 just died, and when I called in today to have it replaced, they won't give me another 7135, they will only provide me with a Treo 600.