+ Reply to Thread

updating software

i bought my 7135 off the internet and it said that i was programed for alltel. well when i got it programed it would only be active (receive or dial) for a few moments then begin (searching). i contacted alltel and they had me look up the software and the pri and prl. they said that the software was old and it was programed for verizon. when they attempted to flash the phone they said that it would not unlock. can some one please help me do this thing on my own or tell me who i need to send this thing to in order for it to work..

thank you j\
    jeremy

If the phone is still locked, you need to unlock the phone. Long story short, some cell phone companies reduce the price of the phones by locking the phone - you have to buy service from THAT company (in this case, Verizon).

I didn't think VZ locked their phones - try a couple obvious codes (000000, 111111, 123456) and if that doesn't work, you'll have to try contacting VZ. Also try contacting the original seller as talking to VZ is highly unlikely to get you anywhere.

Other people more familiar with this situation will hopefully chime in any second now with other advice - I'm not very familiar with US carriers, policies, etc.

If anyone knows a thing or two about Australian 7135 settings, or Australia CDMA settings in general, I'd love to hear from you.

battleing software

i currently have my phone at alltel and they are trying to flash it in a different way so i will see what happens

Jeremy, this same thing happened to me. I did have the Alltel software installed but still have the same problem. It just doesn't seem to lock on to a tower. If I can get service long enough, I can make a call and it seems to be okay. However, after disconnecting from the call, it will go back to searching within 30 seconds. If you find the "fix" please post here so I can try it with mine. I love this phone when it works. Thanks and good luck.