+ Reply to Thread

Thread: back up

back up

can somebody please tell me how to back up either the entire device or just my address book onto my SD card. i need to reset my device, but i do not want to lose all my info.

thanks in advance

get any backup program (CardBackup, BackupBuddy VFS are popular) and run it.

Isn't that what a HotSync is for?

yes, hotsync is also for that.

note that one of 7135's favorite trick is to erase all your memory when you're actually FAR AWAY from your hotsync workstation.. believe that you should keep a COMPLETE backup in your SDcard or you WILL regret it soon or later.

KM2002,
    A Hotsync is the normal Palm way to restore from a backup. But with these darn smartphones it seems that not everything is saved on HotSync, Ie voice tags, voice memos. Some of the SD backup software will save those settings, my Backbuddy does for example. And having the ability to restore your phone in the field and not have to wait to get back to your workstation to Hotsync is a huge advantage of having an SD backup, IMO.
    KaTone, its been suggested that the reset feature in the 7135 is tied to the GPS function. I think it also has embedded Murphy's Law code.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

"having the ability to restore your phone in the field and not have to wait to get back to your workstation to Hotsync is a huge advantage of having an SD backup, IMO."

AMEN!!