+ Reply to Thread

What's Available in Software?

I tried Silver Screen with my 6035, but couldn't see what was the point. Maybe better w/ 7135.

Now, I would like a desktop where I can delete old stuff, but older than the standard 30 days.

Also, a simple spreadsheet would be handy.

Anybody got good ideas for RELIABLE s/w? Don't want to stress my 7135.

Thanks.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

If your looking for a different Launcher, I'm running LauncherX. I like the information it displays and it has a small footprint. Many prefer all the bells and whistles of ZLauncher, but personally I found I spent too much time tweaking it.
    The QuickOffice that came with the phone (its on the install CD, I think) is not bad. But you can't open Word/Excel docs in thier native formats with it. you have to convert them first. For that reason many prefer the Docs to Go suite
    Hope that helps
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

You can update the QuickOffice that came with the phone to version 7 and get native file format capability. Cheaper than buying Docs to Go.
    Ron Honey
    7135 Nut

Originally posted by ronhoney
    You can update the QuickOffice that came with the phone to version 7 and get native file format capability. Cheaper than buying Docs to Go.
    Ronhoney, and for that matter, MGuzzy,

That's the price of getting a phone at a bargain price (albeit new) from eBay: no doc and no CD.

Is the app available by download?
    Don Cook

Semi-Converged
    Ah, but the CDs are available on Ebay too. Definitely worth it for those of us who are using Outlook

Originally posted by mbirgen
    Ah, but the CDs are available on Ebay too. Definitely worth it for those of us who are using Outlook
    Outlook? Not even sure what that is. But they sound worthwhile.

BTW, having bought @ a bargain price, as usual, I not only didn't get any CD's or manuals, I got only one stylus!

Now, w/ the 6035, there were ~5. I never lost one. W/ this one, having only one, I don't believe I'm going to go without losing it for long. Where are they available?
    Don Cook

Semi-Converged
    When I bought the CD on eBay, it came with 3 extra styli

The Kyocera CD comes with pocketmirror which allows me to sync my 7135 with Outlook on my office computer. It costs (roughly) $40 on the chapura (software manufacturer) website. I won't say the extra styli aren't a bonus.