+ Reply to Thread

Syncing with Outlook 2003

I have installed the update of Pocket Mirror and it seems to get all of the info correct.But after the hotsync, the 7135 displays a message saying that I must reset the phone. This happens every time. This isn't right, so what needs to be done?

Try this:

1. hard reset your phone.

2. Go to your Palm folder on your desktop and find your user folder inside of it. For example, your name is Joe Smith, there should be a folder called SmithJ or something like that.

3. Find a folder called "Backup." Rename it "backup_old."

4. Set all your conduits to DESKTOP OVERWRITES HANDHELD.

5. Re-sync your phone.

My rationale is that is sounds like somehow something is getting installed on your device that shouldn't be there. Doing what I listed above will, if nothing else, rule that out.

Good luck.
    Gloria in excelsis Deo.

Thanks. It worked like a charm. I can actually sync without the constant resetting.

I'm using Outlook 2000 SP-3. Lately I have long waits during synchs, with a message on the 7135 that says something like, "Cleaning up-- please wait." I have a pretty big Contacts file, so is that the reason? I can understand why that happened after the time I deleted superfluous Contacts entries, but it seems to be taking more time even when I haven't done much. I can tell which synching is taking time, by here I'm asking specifically about what triggers the long cleanups. Tips?

I am try sync and i do but view data book and there are not nothing.

Help me

Thanks

Originally posted by 4ster
    My rationale is that is sounds like somehow something is getting installed on your device that shouldn't be there. Doing what I listed above will, if nothing else, rule that out.
    More likely that something is getting installed that should be there but wasn't intended to be installed every sync. If it happens again you should check your install screen on the desktop.

Files (executable or not) have a bit that can be set for (reset required on install). When you install the file the palm will prompt for a reset. Some apps require this to be installed correctly. If you install it over and over again you will get prompted for a reset every time.

So probably not "something that shouldn't be there" but "something that is getting installed repeatedly...".

-Quick

Synchonization with Outlook 2003

I've been merrily using the PocketMirror provided on my 7135 CD to synchronize with my Windows2000/Outlook2000 PC.

I just was upgraded to a new PC WindowsXP and Outlook2003. When I reinstalled the PocketMirror and synchronized, the data was not transferred, and the log file was full of messages like
    ERROR: 80040502
    Failed to locate correct profile. Please close Outlook, open Outlook, and synchronize again.

11434: BaseConduit
    601: BaseConduit

Incorrect StoreID

11552: BaseConduit

Incorrect StoreID

11552: BaseConduit

Outlook Calendar synchronization failed
    Conduit 'Outlook Calendar' Error: Unknown error. (FFFF)
    for all the applications... I tried the suggested open/close of Outlook, and a cold reset of the PDA, but the results were the same.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    What was your solution?

Thanks, Freddy.