Closed Thread

Treo 650 from Verizon in 2 weeks?

Just heard from my brother that VZN will be offering the Treo 650 in 2 weeks. Will see if he gets one.

Is your brother in a position where he can obtain accurate inside knowledge?

My cousin's brother's uncle's sister's daughter who passed out at 31 flavors has also relayed such rumours in the recent past, but we're all still waiting.
    Release the Hounds!

Actually, he's no-one special at all, that's the interesting thing. He decided he wanted a smartphone, went to VZN to check his options and asked me if I knew anything about the 650 because they told him he could buy one in two weeks. Since he had no idea what it was, I know he wasn't making it up and it's definitely different from the usual VZN "we have no knowledge of the 650 becoming available" line. YMMV

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    That's not good news at all in my opinion. Verizon's already existing unlimited data plan for PDA/Phones is $44.99 per month. This new pricing amount would make the cost, with the $5 discount, no different at all. It's ludicrous when compared to Sprint's very reasonable $15 per month unlimited data plan. Verizon really needs to wake up on their pricing!
    Michael

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that didn't make sense of this annoucement. Didn't seem to be much of a change and is nothing compared to other providers (Sprint in particular).
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I agree with you all on the pricing. I was merely pointing out that the Treo 650 was now available vie Verizon Wireless. That's all.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Oh, well thanks then! Add it to the huge number of threads that already exist about it on this site.
    Michael