+ Reply to Thread

7135 Dead; Would you choose T600 or I600?

My 7135 is long gone. Verizon sent me a Treo 600. They evidently don't support the Treo 650 yet. I've got another week to return the T600 and negotiate for something else.

So...for those of you who have had to make the choice - what do you recommend: The Treo 600, or the Samsung I600.

The Samsung is not PALM based, and that is a "minus", and no SD Card Slot - big "minus". It has a speaker phone, that's a plus. No blue tooth, a minus, but then again, I don't have the option of a Treo 650 - yet.

So, "what would you do"?

-Stay with the Treo 600?
    -Negotiate my way into a Samsung I600?
    -Try and wait for the Treo 650?
    -By a brand new 7135 on ebay? (Not really an option, but a nice thought)

Thanks for any insight.

I think you should go with the I600. I just read a thread saying Verizon will no longer activate a 7135 if you bought another one. It's a decent phone (I600) but if you're coming from Palm will take a few days to transition over.

you can t touch or tap the screen on the i600... so typing emails is a PAIN..

piece of cake with the treo.

Treo -- hands down. But here's the thing... what do you do with your phone? I listen to mp3's, love to carry pics of my kids, keep powerpoint presentations for review, etc; none of which would be posible without sd support. (7135 + 1gb sd card)
    There is also the issue of software. I have tons of palm software that I have invested in over the years and like very much... No, I can't go over to the other side
    Sandy Wagner

Wife has the Treo 600 and other then the voicedial feature (or lack thereof) and the small buttons has been happy. I can't see how anyone who doesn't have tiny fingers can handle typing on that device without killing themselves. She lives on that phone so I know that it must be durable.

typing is suprisingly simple even with fat fingers.. I got used to it in a week and can type much faster than using graphiti...