+ Reply to Thread

Where's the "Voice Memo" button?

One of the great charms of my 6035 was the fact that you could input a new voice memo right away, by just holding down the Shuttle.

This was handy for two reasons:

1. I got in the habit of doing something I had long wanted to do: as I drive around the county, when I see something that interests me (restaurants, interesting architecture, stores with unusual focus and the like), I could easily press the Shuttle and enter a voice memo. I then add the memos to my contacts at my leisure. Very handy.

2. When parking, if I thought somebody might ding my doors (the spaces are too narrow, the car looks like dung, the doors, e.g. 2000 Thunderbirds, are very long), I could make a voice memo of their license and the car.

Neat.

Now, I have to go through opening the flip, finding the icon for voice memo, etc.? Hard to see that as an improvement, and I wonder if there isn't a short cut as on the 6035?

Thanks.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

Set one of your hard buttons to Memo and then when you hold that button down it will automatically que up the start of a voice memo. I, too, have long thought this would be a good feature, but even though I have it set up that way and it does work, I seldom use it. Hope this helps.

Yes...there is. As I recall you can Assign the memo app to a hard button. If you depress and hold down the button it launches the memo app. ...
    Yes I just tried it on mine.. its still works...
    OR you can get a little app called 1Button Voice Recorder that does the samething see the link in this thread
    Setting up and Optimizing the 7135
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I use this all the time but do remember that after you listen to a voice memo your speakerphone will be activated; remember to turn it off by using the speakerphone button (small button to the left of the red icon phone button). I use the web hard button (last one on the right) as I seldom used it prior to reassigning it.
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

Originally posted by MGuzzy
    Yes...there is. As I recall you can Assign the memo app to a hard button. If you depress and hold down the button it launches the memo app. ...
    Yes I just tried it on mine.. its still works...
    OR you can get a little app called 1Button Voice Recorder that does the samething see the link in this thread
    Setting up and Optimizing the 7135
    Thanks, had a look at the 1button S/W, and it looks like what I need. Don't think I'll be installing anything just now, though, as it turns out I can't get onto the net or download anything due to some connectivity problem. But I will def give it a try.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P