+ Reply to Thread

Crossed to the darkside...

Well, VZW 'encouraged me' that the Treo was better. I think they are right. I am very happy with the Treo, although it does have its issues...

I even managed to get the camera model. I argued that I was losing a feature (analog) therefore they should give me the camera.

I will miss my Kyo.... Maybe some day, the will make a new one!

::
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]

Not really the Dark Side (Windows CE, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile).......at least you are still in a Palm OS based SmartPhone, if not our beloved 7135.
    Ron Honey
    7135 Nut

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............mama no. Whyyyy.....why.......

Actually, I was thinking of starting a thread on this, since I will probably move to a Treo 650 (assuming Verizon ever releases it) when my 7135 dies. So my question is, what do K7135 -> T600/T650 migrants actually prefer about the much older 7135? Obviously there's the flip phone vs. candy bar form factor, and the way the opened 7135 conforms to the shape of one's head between the ear and mouth.

Anything else? In particular, I've always felt that the phone/PDA integration was really good on the 7135. Are the Treos comparable in real-life usage (e.g. while driving, talking on the phone, listening to MP3s, eating greasy fast food and reading a map all at the same time)? Also, the voice command features on the 7135, while limited in number, work really well for me, how about the Treo with VoiceDial?

So far the only things I miss are the comfort when on the phone (but I have had a kyo 6035/7135 for 1.5 years now, and have almost always had large phones) and the vibrate then ring setup. Also I miss the top display.... That sure was nice.

My boss is thinking the same thing you are, trying to go to the 650 when his dies... (mebbe I shoulda waited, as mine was still funtional other than the memory battery and sticky buttons)

integration on the treo600 is great. no problem whatsoever.
    speakerphone is loud and clear also.

the phone is a lot better and smoother to use, due to the faster processor.

Hmmmm. i havent had any problems with the speakerphone on the 7135.

I like the ability of the 7135 to search every directory/folder/application on your phone via the Find utility. Does the Treo do this without some other purchased program?
    Playmaker -- nuff said...

Originally posted by bobodobo

Anything else? In particular, I've always felt that the phone/PDA integration was really good on the 7135. Are the Treos comparable in real-life usage (e.g. while driving, talking on the phone, listening to MP3s, eating greasy fast food and reading a map all at the same time)? Also, the voice command features on the 7135, while limited in number, work really well for me, how about the Treo with VoiceDial?
    A few things. The major one is that the Treo is digital only whereas the 7135 supports analog. If your in an outlying area (foothills of northern CA for example) where there is no digital coverage you'd be SOL.
    Other than that many of the features that are built into the 7135 require additional software to accomplish; voice dialing, MP3 playing..
    That's all I can think of now.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

the treo has much better reception anyway. I went to places where my 7135 used to turn into analog mode, and I could 'talk/be heard' clearly on my treo...

so maybe analog is not that important on newer phones anymore due to better roaming/reception capabilities?

Need handsfree car charger

For those who have or are going to make the switch to another Smartphone and have a hands free speaker phone and charger, I need one. Please reply ASAP. r3