+ Reply to Thread

internet with alltel

does anyone here know how to setup the phone to get on the internet with alltel phones. without making calls.

and if making calls what is the access (e.g. #666) number for alltels internet service.

the big issues with this is that im using an old Verizon phone... its prolly still setup to use verizons internet, i havent found a way to fix this issue though... all i found was to use verizons Quick 2 net dial up... its slow.

I'm having the same problem

i'm on alltel and are we being charged for this? The store i went to did not have the software to flash my phone. anyone know how to get alltel internet to work on a verison phone.

This is probably going to be a more important issue now that Verizon is abandoning their 7135 customers. If anyone comes out with a guide, please let the rest of us know!
    KJB

There is a guide of sorts posted here in a thread about flashing this phone with the first and only firmware update was released... search for it I forget the name of the thread.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Alltel has a 1X connection, but they charge you $6 a month for 2mb and then $2 per additional mb. Or $60 a month for unlimited.
    To use the slower connection....
    In pda prefs/network
    set up a new network. name it qnc.
    user name/id: qnc
    password: qnc
    dial: #777
    this is not the higher speed connection, but works great for checking email and basic browsing. Alltel just takes the time out of your minutes. You may need to call Alltel and add the data plan which is $5 per month.
    Cheers,
    Gotwalp
    Last edited by gotwalp; 05-11-2005 at 06:12 AM.

(service)i had 2 choices, xpress network(1xrtt)does not work. or vzw quick 2 net(14.4 kbp) this works. i add one just like that but the service its name is untitled. it works just like the vzw quick ect. one did. was i on alltel on both of them? i'm not paying for the internet because they could not get it going in the store. so the 5 dollar plan is the slow one i'm usingnow. is the higher speed any better? does the browers work better with the higher speeds, load pics ect. can you hook a laptop up through your phone on the higher speeds and just how fast is the higher speeds?$60 is very high, must be pretty good for that price. what browers are compatable with that speed?

they are charging 60$ cause they are buttholes... who needs internet on their phone that bad....

im happy with my 14.4 KBPS stolen verizon connection..
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]