+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Syncing woes

Syncing woes

When I sync @ home, now (the place I was having trouble before in getting XP to see my sync cradle on the USB port), I have to reset after each sync, even though I am not installing new software.

Any chance the cradle is faulty, because I got it cheap from eBay?
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

maybe if you tried using a different alm desktop, like a 3rd party design and see if it works...

what exactly is it doing, i dont thing it would be the cradle. do you use the sync button on the cradle?

Originally posted by ironsoulreaver
    maybe if you tried using a different alm desktop, like a 3rd party design and see if it works...

what exactly is it doing, i dont thing it would be the cradle. do you use the sync button on the cradle?
    It appears to finish the sync, but the 7135 is locked up afterward, requiring a reset. As for other s/w, maybe. This s/w worked for years with my 6035.
    Don Cook

if you have another PC... do a hard reset on the phone. intall palm desktop on the other PC, sync it and see what it does. the thing about palm is if you have a proggie it dont like it will be mean to you.

if that does nothing its prolly the phone. if it successfully syncs and finishes than freezes than its prolly not the cable

90% of all issues are software related.

Originally posted by DCookinLB
    It appears to finish the sync, but the 7135 is locked up afterward, requiring a reset. As for other s/w, maybe. This s/w worked for years with my 6035.
    Don
    Just curious. Did you reinstall your software from scratch when moving from the 6035 to the 7135? If you just synched the new phone with the same synch ID you, likely copied programs/settings that may not be entirly compatible with your 7135. That's why they recommend renaming your backup folder to something else so it dosen't synch stuff from another device when upgrading to a new device... or creat a new Synch ID profile.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

It seems not to be seeing the USB port now. Twice, I got messages to that effect. After first time, changed ports. XP offered to troubleshoot the port, but could not figure out the obscure procedure.
    Don Cook

1st XP's troubleshooting software is gay.....

wow thats messed up... you should try doing a fresh intall on eveything. backup your backup to a different backup so it can be backed up into your backup for the backup.

i mean...... backup your settings to a folder, it should be a backup folder you would burn to a CD. this way you would always have a backup of your backup folder.

than nonce you have a backup copy of your settings uninstall everything Palm related( this includes any drivers installed). restart your system with a hard reset (pwer off for 20 sec) so as not to have random residual memory getting in the way. install and test.

i dont know if this will work in XP. but in 98 it awlays fixed all driver/software isues.