+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation mysterious Taxi drove by... on the phone screen

has anyone had the issue with a taxi randomly driving across your screen while in phone mode?? i turned on the easter egg
    (little clockwise circle in the bottom lefthand corner of the PALM general prefs page. then i put in the # on the same page, than your supposed to hold the down scroll key in note pad and rund your pen aross the center of the grifitti area... nothing happened till like 2 hours later when i get off the phone and this little taxi drives across the screen on the phone app

That's not an issue... that's the easter egg. the taxi will appear at random times when the easter egg is enabled. Consider yourself lucky, some go a whole lifetime and never see the taxi.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

oh really. i thought it was suposed to go by when you did that pen across the griffiti pad bit... cool

The taxi still makes me grin when I see it. Usually happens for me once every couple of weeks. The story is that the palm OS was nicknamed 'Taxi' when it was in design stages, hence the taxi Easter egg. If you do a google search for palm OS Easter eggs you'll find a bunch more that seem to work on our 7135's.
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

Registered User All-Purpose Guru's Avatar
    There's a rather convoluted formula that is applied to an internal timer that determines when the taxi appears. It appears more often when the easter egg is turned on, and the stroke being mentioned is actually to cause it to happen *right now*.

The taxi has been changed into a red convertible on the Handspring Visor Prism.
    --apg

"Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple." --W. Wonka

What easter egg are you guys talking about? I have not see anything like that or any king of circle in the PDA general prefs.

draw a lil circle on the bottom right corner of the screen... keep dpoing it until an easter egg appears. than you have access to easter egg.. (which requires other steps)

oh circles must be clockwise
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]

Cool!

Here ya go... the site was down for awhile. Beware some have reported spyware infections from this site but I think they got it fixed. You can always use Firefox to be safe...
    http://zansstuff.com/palmegg.html

mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Are you kidding?

Is this a joke or is it real? I would like to see this can you give you instructions.
    esmass:p

I think it's for real, but I haven't seen the taxi yet. I did get the egg turned on in the palm prefs. I tried following the instructions to make the taxi happen in a memo, but no joy. if anyone has a better description how to do it on the 7135, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Thanks,
    JohnA

I have seen the taxi twice in one week!!!!!!!!! excites the crap out of me when I see it too... its great... a real day brightener.

Registered User All-Purpose Guru's Avatar
    If you can't use the debug stroke to make the taxi appear, you have to remember that it only happens when the device is idle, and after a certain period of time. (I don't remember the formula.) I used to see it all the time when I was using the keyboard, because the device would be sitting for a while.
    --apg

"Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple." --W. Wonka

I had actually been on the phone (treo) for 12 minutes or so when it drove by. I was lucky I even saw it, as I dont usually use speakerphone.

yea its real.. ive only seen it once though.. i cought it out of the corner of my eye
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]