+ Reply to Thread

PC anywhere like programs

does anyone have a suggestion for a free, or one time pay program that will let me contol my PC from my 7135. like logmein.com. that site wont let me do it from the 7135 it is really slow and it keeps going to the home page...

PalmVNC and Win-Hand Anywhere... PalmVNC is open source! woo hoo..
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

palm VNC is the way to go thanx

security issues with PalmVNC/WinVNC? I can set up a "server' password on the PC I want to control. I can specify the indiviual port for WinVNC. I have to allow access through my XP firewall for that port, and allow then route that port via my router/NAT/firewall to my local IP.

My PC IP is static, however, Verizon IP is dynamic for my phone. I can connect to my PC, but I am not sure about the security of the setup.

Tips/tricks??

what kind of security issues are you worried about?

having to open ports in both firewalls without being able to control which inbound IP is allowed through. the personal version does not use windows authentication so its an open connection to the server

at least its not a proxy setup like with WinHand that is always connected to some proxy in cyberspace.

your best bet is to just run the password APP. frun FTP progs n stuff to check and see if this server program will make your PC show up in networks. try all the IP. hacking software you can find

Palm VNC is slow on the 14Kbps connection... does anyone know a way to make this faster? im scaling it and that seems to make it a little faster. i cant belive that the cell phone companies are charging 70$ for 1xrtt access. another reason i loved t-mobile, theirs was 12$ a month and they have that new edge technology. 350KBPS or so.
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]