+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Sound in receiver just died!!!

I can't hear anything when I hold the phone up to my ear!!

The speaker phone works fine and the phone hears my voice dialing. I hit the reset button to see if that would fix it, but no such luck.

Anyone else experience this??

Thanks,

Meantone

speaker shorted out... you could put a new speaker in it? but then again... it could be something else... its deffinately a hardware issue...
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]

are there any repair services out there?

not a clue.... its an easy fix, you just need to figue out the specs of the speaker and get one like it.

before you go that far you should take apart your phone and make sure the speaker hasn't slipped off the contacts. It seems to happen to me about once a week(because i drop my phone quite a bit) and the way it is set in there it doesn't take much to knock it out of place. There is a post in here by BDP that tells how to take the top part of the phone apart so you can check it. Let me know if you get stuck anywhere but i would check there before you go buying something you don't need.

the speakers not hardwired? theres a different thing. is it sip on contacts or just kinda sits on like a button cell battery on a watch would work?

got mine replaced by VZN because of that...

Originally posted by ironsoulreaver
    the speakers not hardwired? theres a different thing. is it sip on contacts or just kinda sits on like a button cell battery on a watch would work?
    Just kinda sits on a button. And the holder that holds it in place has a gigantic gap on the side that will allow the speaker to slide out just enough to keep the contacts from touching. Did you ever get that fixed by the way meantone?

Thanks for checking up, skyshadow. No, I haven't gotten up the nerve to being dissecting one of my prized possessions. I'm hoping to get to it soon and will post the results when I do - good or bad.

I did, however, order a Treo 600 from Amazon as backup.

Just make sure you are at a point where no one is gonna bother you for about 30-45 minutes and be very careful taking off the metal cover that covers the screws. you can save yourself alot of headache by being patient. And Heck i put mine back on without adding any extra adhesive. Good luck either way. I guess i am most interested in your results to see if i was right or not. Kinda greedy that way i guess

alot of peeps were using a hair drier to melt the glue, than used a credit cared to pry it off. they say this was a smooth issue
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]