+ Reply to Thread

weird sync issue

I work at a kinda seasonal facility.

after 3+ months of no office- I went to synch on my computer at work (I have a second base there)

and it gives me an error message to the effect of (sorry, doing this from 5 hour ago memory)

"you cannot synch to this pc under a name that already exists on this computer, you must edit the existing name under tools-user names on the palm desktop- then synch"

previously, I could sync at either location with no problem.. I may have done anything to my phone since Dec that caused this..

anyone have a suggestion how I can tell my work comp that "name" on the desktop is the same as "Name" on the phone?

thats strange... if i were you i would resetup the user name on the palm desktop at work..... i dont know how, you might need to do it manually. but you can
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]

kredai
    I've seen this before. Just like it says, Sounds like you changed the sync name on the phone since your last synch on that PC. you can change the sync names to match again either on the phone or PC or just have it sync with the new name.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

if i were you i would change the sync name on the PC, if you change the one on the phone you would still need to change the sync name on your home PC...
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]